Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Ran oil out on riding mower -

"mar10" wrote in message

Anyways- Sears has diagnosed that the engine seized and wants $2200
to fix - for $100 more I can get a brand new mower.

Has anyone run into this or have thoughts as to if this could be done
more reasonably by a small engine repair guy? Or do I bite the bullet
and buy new?

You already learned the lesson of never having Sears service anything.

I'd try a small engine guy. Some are really good at getting things going at
reasonable cost. We used to have a guy in town that did it as a sideline.
I think he just liked the challenge of making it run again as he worked so
damned cheap.

If that does not work out , you may have some luck selling it for a few
bucks (yes, someone will be interested) and buy a new one.