Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default Garage door opener

In article
,
Rich256 wrote:

It might. Maybe a different angle needed to push it.
Will the opener go though the closing cycle when not hooked to the door?
Unhook and close the door. Then operate the opener.

Worked fine by itself.

What brand is the opener? Do you have the owners manual? Does it
have independent adjustments for closing and opening?

I am not currently at home and won't be for a day or two. Can't
remember right off, except it was nothin' I had ever heard of. The
owner's manual is long gone. It does have independent adjustments. The
closing (down) was just short of the top number (9 and the label
underneath said kg.).