Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default Garage door opener

In article .com,
wrote:

"The person who originally put the garage door and opener in (two
owners ago) did not put in the opener reinforcement kit, which I just
completed doing when the problem came up. Anything that maybe I could
adjust? Could it be the new angle of the arm that connects the door to
the opener is causing some sort of problem?
Suggestions. "

It's gonna be hard to diagnose this without seeing it. For one, it's
unclear exactly what the "opener reinforcement kit" is that you just
installed. But obviously that changed something.

It was a kit that had a much heavier piece of metal (the "standard
issue" was tin foil-G)that was bolted on between the top crosspiece and
the top two screws of the first hinge on the top panel.