Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Garage door opener

"The person who originally put the garage door and opener in (two
owners ago) did not put in the opener reinforcement kit, which I just
completed doing when the problem came up. Anything that maybe I could
adjust? Could it be the new angle of the arm that connects the door to
the opener is causing some sort of problem?
Suggestions. "

It's gonna be hard to diagnose this without seeing it. For one, it's
unclear exactly what the "opener reinforcement kit" is that you just
installed. But obviously that changed something.