Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default Garage door opener

My garage door opener has decided to act weird. For some reason,
it won't close. Keeps reversing itself right away. Works fine going up
and will close if I keep pushing the button all the way down. I looked
at the usual suspects (something tripping the electric eye, something
getting caught so it thinks it is obstructed) and found no likely
concerns.
The person who originally put the garage door and opener in (two
owners ago) did not put in the opener reinforcement kit, which I just
completed doing when the problem came up. Anything that maybe I could
adjust? Could it be the new angle of the arm that connects the door to
the opener is causing some sort of problem?
Suggestions.