Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default Using JB Weld on Exhaust Manifold ?????

wrote in
:

On Sat, 22 Jul 2006 08:57:42 -0500,
(m Ransley)
wrote:

JB weld is plastic, what is its melt point, temp limit. Probably to low
for exuast.

exhaust temps exceed 1000 degF.

They state it's 600deg F.
However, I have no idea how hot a manifold gets (by numerical degrees)

Mark

there's no data on how SOFT the JBWeld epoxy gets at 600degF,either.
It's not going to be as strong as at normal temps.
600degF is porbably where it starts melting or begins to char.

ISTR a tube of goop called 'muffler bandage' that would withstand exhaust
heat,in fact depended on it for it's curing.My tube was thrown out in the
last spring cleaning,or I'd verify and get the exact name.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik