Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fully Electric Car available soon

nightjar nightjar@ wrote:

However, I was not talking about energy efficiency. I was talking about
pollution levels and the fact that electric cars produce around three times
as much as an IC engine.

In what way? I can only get to about the same as anything else, myself.

Current petrol engine efficiency averages 32%,

Nope. 25% You are on about peak.

32% is average for modern cars and that is what electric vehicles should be
compared with, as it is new car buyers who will choose which technology is
used.

Depends very much on what type of driving is under coinsideration.

If electric cars are going to sell in volume, they will have to compete on
cost, which means that most will use conventional traction batteries for a
very long time yet.

I don't think so.