Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Leo Lichtman Leo Lichtman is offline

Default Help: Sears Lathe Belt Drive Slippage (FIXED)

"Unknown" wrote: Agreed, but HOW? (clip)
Well, I have zero experience with your lathe--maybe someone who owns one can
chime in. But on my Jet 1236, which had a Reeves drive with the same
"syndrome," I would just wipe the pulley shaft, run the speed up and down
to reach as much of the surface as possible, and apply a little *WAX.* I
believe wax will help it slide without the tendency to attract wood dust.
Hope this helps.

Even if you do have to take it apart, it's going to be a lot easier if you
do it before things are stuck. Hope this helps.