Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
Gav Gav is offline

Default Powerpoint iin the loft?

Owain wrote:
Chas Gill wrote:
"Bill Wright" wrote
Obviously there are wires for lighting in the loft, but will they
only work when the light is switched on?
Given this pointer to the level of Mr Smith's electrical expertise, I
really think that subsequent posters who encourage him to make a
connection to a lighting circuit are offering dangerous advice.

Can't help thinking that encouraging him up a ladder might be unwise
enough.

Couldn't agree more - and most eloquently put, if I may be so bold.
What's more, new laws about such things prohibit dabbling, I believe,
except by qualified personnel (competent isn't enough these days, so
even a knowledgeable mate is a dubious solution methinks?).

No.

Part P does not apply to extensions off existing circuits apart from
kitchens and bathrooms. Part P does not require the work to be done by
either a competent or a qualified person.

Owain

why would you want to run presentations in the loft, surly the office is
a better venue?

lol