Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
Bazzer Smith Bazzer Smith is offline

Default Powerpoint iin the loft?

"Roderick Stewart" wrote in message
om...
In article , Bazzer Smith
wrote:

"Sleeve your earth cables"???? Sleeve? I don't think I have an earth
cable
that I am aware of? What can all that mean?

If this is your level of understanding, it would be better for you to
get
qualified electrician to do the job. Seriously. The result will be
legal,
and
you'll still be alive to enjoy the use of it.

I have a degree in elecronics, more than your average 'qualified
electrician'.

A degree in electronics is of little practical use here if you still have
ask which wire goes where in a simple bit of household mains installation.
What on earth did they teach you that you can actually use?

Certaintly not household wiring which could be done in a variety of ways.
I can't say I learn't anything of much use really a few bit and bobs
about basic circuits, largely a waste of time, anyway I only got a
third, 90% of it bored the pants off me.

It is utterly irrelevant whether you or your electrician has a degree in
anything. (He might very well have one - who knows). He has to have the
appropriate C&G certificate in order to carry out electrical installation
work
legally, and the course he will have had to attend to get this will ensure
that he also does it safely. In the situation you describe, he will be
better
qualified than you.

Obviously to do his job yes, but once you know how there probably
erally isn't that much to it. Once you have done the job correctly you
are pretty much an 'expert'.

Rod.