Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Powerpoint iin the loft?

On 2006-07-23 17:19:37 +0100, "Bazzer Smith" said:

"Roderick Stewart" wrote in message
Anyway as far as I can see there only need to be two wires, a live one
(when switched on), and a return wire.
Anyway I will assume there will be a whole bumch of wires there as that
is what you imply.

"Sleeve your earth cables"???? Sleeve? I don't think I have an earth cable
that I am aware of? What can all that mean?

If this is your level of understanding, it would be better for you to get a
qualified electrician to do the job. Seriously. The result will be legal, and
you'll still be alive to enjoy the use of it.

I have a degree in elecronics, more than your average 'qualified electrician'.

Common sense would tell you that that would matter, wouldn't it?

However, you probably pay your taxes and do your bureaucratic dues.

The legislation in part P of the Building Regulations is intended for
those practitioners who can manage to achieve a basic ability with a
bit of day release or evening classes at the Tech, and who would find
their consciences sufficiently challenged that they will be willing to
fill in their tax returns and thus provide Gordon Brown with more money
to waste.

Remember that the purpose is not to address people with ability and
brains, only those willing to toe the line