Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bolted Bolted is offline

Default Tiling for a wall mounted bog pan and a wall mounted tap

Andy Hall wrote:

This gives the range. I guess you mean their stock code 97416 as an
example?

That's one of them, but you need also need the arbour and one of the
pointy diamond bits to make the hole for the arbour's guide (8mm, I
think, but check on the armeg website). So it adds up....

I think the one you were pointing at is going to be too big, though -
I'd imagine that you will want a hole that is about 25mm, or just a
little bit bigger than the wall-plate elbow (or whatever)'s female bit.
Then the little round escutcheons that you do have with those taps go
over the tile and hide the hole.

I have a drill press, so was thinking that a water bath would be a way
to do the job. Certainly this seems a better approach than attempting
the job in situ.

I got an under-the-bed plastic storage thing from a pound shop, and used
a bit of ply on the bottom of it to stop punctures and to support the
tile well - if you don't have even support underneath porcelain will
sometimes crack with the pressure.

Quite a satisfying job, ten seconds of so of hissing, and such a perfect
neat hole.