Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Unknown Unknown is offline

Default Help: Sears Lathe Belt Drive Slippage

Well, I now understand how these things work. And I got the top
pulley free finally, cleaned it out, lubricated, etc. But I'm
thinking I need one of those "mechanical gear pullers" if I ever
want to get this thing back together (yes, I had to take it
apart, as it needed more than just a "little" lubrication to
get it loose.

Any advice?

Phil W.

On Sat, 22 Jul 2006 13:02:28 -0700, warpedwoodturner wrote:

Unknown wrote:
I have a Sears "Professional" 15" variable speed lathe.

Model 351.217.156

Phil:

Do a search on my 'ID' which is 'pankr003' and you should find a series
of replies for when I asked the same type of question. I pulled the
top pulley apart which I hope you can avoid to get it to work since it
has a heavy spring holding it in. The people who said it needed
lubrication were correct but I could not get the lubrication under the
pulley without taking it out.