Posted to uk.d-i-y
Weatherlawyer Weatherlawyer is offline

Default Epoxy Resin Mortar

Andy Hall wrote:
On Sat, 22 Jul 2006 22:23:01 +0100, Bolted wrote
(in article ):

Andy Hall wrote:
Has anyone used this stuff or knows where to obtain it?

You can get it in B&Qs (big ones anyway), next to the FAB, cement dye,
and stuff. I've only used it once, for repairing some cracks in a
Victorian window lintel. Horrible sticky stuff that earns the
reputation that epoxy tile grout doesn't deserve in terms of difficulty
of application, or rather smoothing off once applied. If you have any
other option, I'd use it, although it sure seemed tough an hour or two
later, and no sign of any re-emergent cracks are visible - so it seems
effective. Unless this is going to have to have heavy loads, I'd go for
a self-levelling compound instead.

Thanks for that, I'll look for some. The area is going to have heavy
loads, so I do need something substantial.

Don't be silly. All you need do is paint some pva where the cement
needs patching and mix some pva with a strong grout. If it is just a
few millimeters use neat cement. Any thicker, use a little fine sand
-just enough to slow the drying and prevent cracking.

Does anyone know how well a neat mix of cement and lime would behave? I
imagine the lime would act as an expander the way sand does. But is it
likely to speed up the setting by adding heat to the process?