Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim McLaughlin Jim McLaughlin is offline

Default best trouble light

"Phisherman" wrote in message
On Sat, 22 Jul 2006 20:25:08 -0500, (lp13-30) wrote:

I just use a regular droplight and use a screw-in flourescent buld in
it. The light is not nearly as bright as a 100 watt, but it produces
almost no heat. Not only did I get tired of burning my arms and anything
else that touches the light, I got tired of blowing bulbs when a drop of
sweat, or water touches the bulb. The flourescent bulbs are about the
same cost as the rough service bulbs made for droplights, but in my
experience are even more rugged. The only ones I have had fail were when
I dropped or banged the light hard enough to actually break the bulb.
Another thing I have found: if you do not want to use a flourescent
bulb, use a ceiling fan bulb. They are made to stand the vibration from
a fan, and will last at least as long as a rough service bulb at a
fraction of the price.(though I think 60 watt is the max) Larry

But, will they work in my garage where the temperature can fall to 0
deg F?

Maybe, maybe not. On the few days when it is zero degrees fahrenhdeit in
your garage and you are working there, change the florescent bulb for an
incandescent,

Duuh.
--
Jim McLaughlin

Reply address is deliberately munged.
If you really need to reply directly, try:
jimdotmclaughlinatcomcastdotcom

And you know it is a dotnet not a dotcom
address.