Posted to alt.home.repair
Jason Jason is offline

Default electrical panel question

"Tom The Great" wrote in message
On 21 Jul 2006 20:28:47 -0700, "
wrote:
What is broken( or needs fixing) with his panel, requiring
replacement/upgrading?

The problem is the lights dim for a second when the AC and heat come on. My
microwave takes so much power it also dims the lights when it is on. My
current plan is to get a volt and amp meter and hook it to the mains supply
and watch the values when the AC comes on. If the voltage drops then I am
told that the problem is the transformer located 120 feet from my meter.
The transformer is unable to supply sufficient voltage. If the volts and
amps don't drop (or drop very little) then the problem is something else.

Thanks,