Posted to alt.home.repair
Pj Pj is offline

Default Kitchen Sink DIY?

wrote:
Okay, I've got everything disconnected and I'm ready to pull my sink
out. Unfortunately, the darn thing is attached pretty firmly. I've
undone the mounting screws, so it seems like all that's holding it to
the counter is the sealant. Any tips on how to pry this thing off
without hurting something, including myself? ;-)

--
Just pry it up, very carefully, so you don't damage the counter top.
If you can pry it up from underneath so you don't pry up the counter

When it's up scrape all the old sealant off and use a scowering pad
with ajax to clean the counter top competely.

You didn't say how old the faucet is and if it works properly. If
there's any doubt the best time to change the faucet is when you have
the sink out.

Good luck, PJ