Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] byamato@gmail.com is offline

Default Kitchen Sink DIY?

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
wrote in message
Speaking of a basin wrench, I just looked them since I didn't even know
what they looked like. At first glance, I don't even see how they work,
but then I've never needed one before. I guess there's nothing like
buying one and using it to learn how to use it, huh?

You don't need one.

The basin wrench is used to reach up between the sink and back of cabinet to
remove the nuts holding the faucets in place. Since you are removing the
old sink, just disconnect the faucets and drain line, then lift the entire
assembly up and out. Remove the faucets and put them on the new sink, as
well as the trap. Reverse the procedure to install with a new rim seal.

As someone in your exact situation about six months ago, I did a
successful replacement of my sink. As this person suggested, I would
highly recommend that you attach as much of the hardware to the
upsidedown sink as possible *before* putting the sink in place - my
neck was killing me by the end of the day because I didn't do that.
This might also alleviate the need for a basin wrench.