Posted to sci.electronics.repair
ian field ian field is offline

Default What happens when you bypass a interlock on a microwave?

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
ian field wrote:

There was something going on in the 80s in an embassy in Russia where
some
embassy staff contracted cataracts and/or brain tumours, these were later
blamed on some microwave communication or somesuch!

They were using high power microwaves to detect sound that FM
modulated the RF when the sound hit thin metal and vibrated.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

That sounds about right - I wasn't sure what I remembered!