Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Pipe leak - what to do?

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article . com,
wrote:

I dont know what to do with a leaking pipe. Its a soldered joint, but

Also the access space is tight and theres a plastic waste pipe there

Provided you can turn the water supply off, any pipe may be drained.

Since I'm a rank hamateur plumber, I dont know how, except by inserting
an earth sleeve down the tap and sucking it up. I've got some sleeving,
but where is another matter.

I got busy doing something else today so havent done it yet.

By the sound of it you'd be best to cut before the leak and replace
everything after it rather than mess about - or at least to where you can
get easier access.

inadequate access. If I had no other option I'd cut it all out, but
it'd be difficult and slow going. I've decided to try an epoxy &
fibreglass external repair first. Am assured they do work, despite my
doubts. Its mains pressure.

You can get blankets to prevent heat damaging plastic pipes etc when you
use a blowlamp, or ceramic tiles do a pretty good job if you've got some
lying around.

handy hint, ta. I'm all out of metal sheet, which is what I'd usually
use.

NT