Posted to uk.d-i-y
RzB RzB is offline

Default Builders banana wall - OK or not?

"MikeH" wrote in message
oups.com...

RzB wrote:
.... Anyway - it will be interesting to see what the
boss man will say - currently he is imobile with
a back injury (not nice) - so it will have to wait
for a bit.

Mmmm. Having 'been there', as they say, I wouldn't wish a back injury
on anyone. However, there are people who will fabricate any sort of
excuse in order to avoid having to admit to a screw-up and deal with
it. Some folk just think it's easier (and acceptable) to let the
customer stew and hope that the problem will somehow go away in the
meantime.

I hate confrontation too, and I strongly believe in treating others
fairly - like paying very promptly for work done. But this shouldn't
be a one-sided affair. You should always be able to expect a decent
job from people working on your behalf. If you don't get it, there are
times that you just have to remind others who's the customer in the
relationship and just press hard until you receive the treatment and
standard of job to which you are entitled.

Whoops - I'm thinking about personal experiences and have drifted onto
a soap-box. Sorry. Rant over.

Mike

Mike,
I think the back problem is real... This guy has been thoroughly reliable
so far!!

Yes I do agree with what you say. I too will pay on the button - but
would like things done properly.

I'm sure it will all come out OK in the end... :-)
Roy