Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Ingram Jim Ingram is offline

Default Fitting PVC fascias no soffits

Hi,

I'm consderering replacing the existing wooden facias with PVC. The existing
fascia is simply a length of ply nailed to the rafters, such that the
fascia is practically flush with the brick work i.e. no soffit. All of the
PVC fascia bords I've seen are of L section in design, to give suport for
the soffit. I can't really pack out the rafter ends as the property is part
of a terrace and it would not then align with my neighbors fascia. I don't
want to use capping over a wooden board. How does one get around this,
should I just cut the unwanted piece off? Can you get flat 16mm thick
boards?

Thanks

Jim