Posted to uk.d-i-y
Gav Gav is offline

Default Pipe leak - what to do?

wrote:
Hi everyone

I dont know what to do with a leaking pipe. Its a soldered joint, but
theres no way to drain it, so I cant think how to unsolder it. Both
feed and tap are at least 2' upwards of the bad joint. Drilling a tiny
hole in the Cu then solder patching it, am not convinced the solder
would be strong enough.

Also the access space is tight and theres a plastic waste pipe there
too, so I wont get free play with the blow j. Oh, and a plastic bath
too.

And of course the pipe looks somewhat corroded, so cutting the tee then
rejoining with compression is likely to fail. Such joy. Any hints
apprecated! Well, those relating to pipes.

NT

you could turn the water off in the road, i did but forgot to warn
neibour. he was most supprised when he had no water. then you could
replace as much as possible of the corroded pipe and fix the pipe in a
better location