Posted to alt.home.repair
higgledy higgledy is offline

Default attic ventilation

The roofer is not trying to sell me venting. I think I need additional
venting because the living area in my house get humid in the
fall/winter/spring when it is to cold to open the windows or turn on
the a/c. I have not seen any mold anywhere in the attic or basement.

BTW, one gable vent is on the north face which gets hammered by
weather. This vent leaks water during extreme rain showers, it is over
the garage and only happens during huricaine-like rain so I am not to
concerned but do you know a way to fix this?

m Ransley wrote:
So your roofer is trying to sell you venting, what makes you think you
need more venting? Do you have mold growing on the wood, is the
insulation moldy. and not from roof leaks, because if you dont have
moisture problems visable your Gable vents have been doing their
designed job, venting. My Gable vents have kept my roof beams and attic
fine for 110 years.