Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fully Electric Car available soon

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Maybe a nice toy for whacking around country lanes, and for the local
commute. Beyond that and it is simply not practicable.

Not today, no.

But consider...IF the cars were not sold, but leased, and the overall
operational cost and fuel cost was less than - say - a small commuter
car, and you need a second car to commute with..

But that's not what's on offer. It's a car to compete with the likes of
Porsche in both price and performance. As if...

It's one of the oldest tricks in the book. We are offering X now at a high
price, but Y will be along shortly which will wipe out the lower priced
competition. Which suggests this tiny firm has a breakthrough the major
makers haven't found after spending billions on research.

Basically, the sort of BS we've all read before many many times.

Toyota are at the forefront of electric cars - albeit hybrid ones. My
money is on them producing the first all electric practical family car.
That they haven't yet means the technology isn't ready.

--
*Confession is good for the soul, but bad for your career.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.