Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
Bazzer Smith Bazzer Smith is offline

Default Powerpoint iin the loft?

"Bazzer Smith" wrote in message

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
ones you plug in to the mains so I used it in the 'living room' where
both
the TV and PC are. It seems to work find, however I an not too sure if
the
picture(s) are a little more 'fuzzy', perhaps due to noise from the
amplifier?

This is a digital receiver, right? A poor signal is not indicated by
fuzziness. Instead, the picture is more likely to break up into squares
or
not be received at all.

Yea I kind of know that, the picture I probably the same but I am just
'looking for' interference. I was thinking maybe small bit of interference
might cause 'fuzziness', anyway it says 98% signal quality, which is the
highest it has ever registered, it has never said 100%. So I think
98% might mean 100%, either that or it's because the aerial is in th loft.

Actually I have fixed the 'fuzziness' by connecting to the TV via
scart, I was using a RF connection and something was interfering
with it. I heard a police car do past and I noticed it produced
and interference pattern, which gave me a clue to the problem.

Your fuzziness might be caused by:

1. TV companies insisting on still transmitting interlaced signals that
only
flickery pre 1990s TVs can display properly.

I think they reduce bit rates too, to squeeae in more channels.

2. Your PC screen being of significantly higher quality than an old CRT
TV,
so the imperfections in the picture are more apparent.

3. Some sort of software issue, such as turning on some sort of filter
that
you don't need.

Christian.