Posted to uk.d-i-y
Al Deveron Al Deveron is offline

Default Which adhesive for (polypropelene?) 2-stroke fuel tank?

On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 21:24:33 GMT, "Sylvain VAN DER WALDE"
wrote:

Loctite Plastix is supposed to bond all plastics. I tried it on a very small
part, but that didn't work. It might be OK on a relatively large item. Of
course, 100% cleanliness is a must.

Thanks. Yes, I agree that cleaning is essential. I cleaned the two
surfaces very thoroughly with alcohol before I tried the superglue,
and so far the joint seems very strong indeed. I now suspect the tank
was some other plastic (not polypropylene).

Al D