Posted to alt.home.repair
CJT CJT is offline

Default electrical panel question

wrote:
my comments about upgrading, with a 35 year old panel you get all new
breakers, they can go bad overtime.

so replace them as they go bad

plus arc fault breakers for
bedrooms and GFCI kitchens and baths.

you can install GFCI without a service upgrade

plus the panel is mazed out.

unless expansion is warranted, being maxed out isn't a problem --
it just means you're using all the capacity you initially paid for

come
time to sell the home all these issues equal less money...

I seriously doubt the amount spent will be recovered in a sale

let alone
upgrading to code for grounding.

be specific -- what does an upgrade allow that you couldn't do
separately?

35 years is a long time and electrical use continues to grow