Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.boats.motor
Cicero Cicero is offline

Default Which adhesive for (polypropelene?) 2-stroke fuel tank?

"Nick" wrote in message
I would try a large diameter, short brass nut, washers and bolt into a

tight
fitting hole with a "suitable-for-fuel rubber" washer each side - then

drill
and tap the brass bolt and screw in the (or a new) petrol tap.
This assumes you can get a nut into the right position and it will self

hold
whilst tightening up ( use loctite ).

If not, and this assumes the plastic is thick enough, drill and tap a

larger
hole and either fit a petrol tap in direct, or a bolt which you can then
drill and tap perhaps with a washer on the outside to strain relieve a

bit.

Or as the others suggest - get a new or s/hand one but then thats not
D-I-Y...

Also depends on "what if it leaks" - a lawn mower/ outboard motor I

wouldn't
worry so much, but if it leaks somewhere where vapours could collect, go

the
new route.

Nick

This might be a possible starting point:

It depends on what access there is through the filler cap.

Cic.

It has removed 0 spam emails to date.
Get the free SPAMfighter he http://www.spamfighter.com/len