Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.boats.motor
Al Deveron Al Deveron is offline

Default Which adhesive for (polypropelene?) 2-stroke fuel tank?

On 20 Jul 2006 09:02:37 -0700, wrote:

You might be able to reinstate the thread using one of those
whatnots... a metal spiral, forget the name. Or maybe make a ring that
screws in, and the tap screws into that. Etc.

Thanks; that might be the ideal solution, but it's more tricky and
time-consuming than I want to get involved with.

One thing you dont want is fuel pouring out, so I'd make it tough and
secure.

Yes, within reason. I did use Araldite previously. It got me out of
trouble, but, of course, there was no real adhesion there, so it was
only hanging in there on a wing and a prayer.

I figure there must be something more suitable than Araldite...

Al D