Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.boats.motor

Default Which adhesive for (polypropelene?) 2-stroke fuel tank?

Al Deveron wrote:
Advice please... I need to stick a plastic fuel tap into the hole in
the bottom of a plastic 2-stroke fuel tank (the tank looks like
polypropelene) on an outboard motor. The fuel tap was originally a
screw-in job but a previous owner stripped the threads. I used
Araldite last time, but it didn't hold very well.

What adhesive should I try next? Superglue? I also have some Golden
Hermatite. Perhaps that would work...

Thank you.

Al Deveron

no adhesive will work*, find another way to do it.

* unless youre willing to remove, empty, steam clean the tank, then
flame the area to create a suitable surface for bonding.

NT