Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden raden is offline

Default Wasp nest

In message , Bob Mannix
writes

We can't afford leathers but I wouldn't want to wear them anyway because
they're not easily seen when you're on the bike. I do like the Hi-vis
yellow jackets though.

Hmm. You might wear leathers if you had seen what happens to clothes and
skin at even a 30mph slide on tarmac! It's true the easily seen ones tend to
be expensive. You can get cheaper leathers and use a high-vis jacket though.
They are very effective protection. I saw a young person belting through
town on a scooter wearing just shorts yesterday - made my blood run cold to
think what he would look like after a fall.

A few photos of the result of tarmac- leather interface events posted up
in UKRM at the moment

--
geoff