Posted to uk.d-i-y
Derek ^ Derek ^ is offline

Default Wasp nest

On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 15:39:08 GMT, "Brian Sharrock"
wrote:

- the road surface had ripped off the
toe end of the motor-cyclist's left boot and the enclosed toes and foot!

We have a radiologist in our Dutch office who once had to do a stint
in A&E. He came across a motorcyclist once who had come off his bike,
got entangled, and been dragged by it, the same thing had happened to
his face, it removed his nose, mouth and much of his lower jaw.

The same guy had had to stabilise a Dutch Paratrooper who had
"collected" a hand grenade which had fallen down his boot in a Chinook
helicopter in Iraq. It went off when he noticed it and tried to fish
it out leaving his hand as a "Palm Tree" of structures (as he
described it). He was back in Holland and on the operating table
within 26 hours.

DG