Posted to misc.consumers.house
Keith Williams Keith Williams is offline

Default How much to convert to all electric?

In article ,
says...
Clark W. Griswold, Jr. wrote:

Tony Sivori wrote:

I don't have a cost per cubic foot. But believe me, the last two years,
gas heat was much more expensive than electric heat here.

Dude, unless you are getting subsidized electricity from someone or are
buying at industrial rates, there is no way the electricity is cheaper
than gas or fuel oil on an equivalent BTU basis.

Why don't you grab your last electric bill and share the per kilowatt
charges?

Already posted further up the thread. But I was wrong anyway, $5 of the
bill was a "customer charge"; apparently that is what they charge me for
the privilege of getting a bill each month. So I actually paid $25.29 for
419 kwh, which works out to 6 cents per kwh.

Oh, wow! Cheap housing, low taxes, warmer climate, *AND* cheap
electricity?! We'll be down this weekend to check it out
(really!). ;-)

--
Keith