Posted to misc.consumers.house
Clark W. Griswold, Jr. Clark W. Griswold, Jr. is offline

Default How much to convert to all electric?

Tony Sivori wrote:

Already posted further up the thread. But I was wrong anyway, $5 of the
bill was a "customer charge"; apparently that is what they charge me for
the privilege of getting a bill each month. So I actually paid $25.29 for
419 kwh, which works out to 6 cents per kwh.

OK... I suspect that right now you only use electricity for lighting and
possibly some cooking as that is a very low eate. Many utilities step their
residential rates, bumping it up to .07 or .08 per kwh when you exceed a certain
amount.

Even still, at your rate, resistance heating cost about 60% more than natural
gas. Air source heat pump would be 20% more (if your climate allows). Ground
source heat pumps might save you on operating costs, but will cost a significant
amount more to install.

You can run the numbers he
http://www.warmair.net/html/fuel_cost_comparisons.htm