Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Wasp nest

"Brian Sharrock" wrote in message

That put me off ever wanting to ride a motorbike.

I've ridden motorbikes for almost fifty years and never liked it, even when
I had my own. But life is full of compromises.

Decades later a trauma surgeon at PMRAF Akrotiri told me he got most of
his experience patching up motor cyclists who insisted on riding bikes
with inadequate
clothing -particularly boots.

My brain surgeon told me a lot of his jobs were repairing motorcyclists'
skulls (even though wearing helms) and trying to tell them not to do it
again. He sees many of them again.

Today Spouse saw a motor-trike with a man driver and a woman behind with a
young boy drapes across her lap, legs dangling down the side.

None of them had any protective clothing or even a helmet. Of course, you
don't legally need one for a trike ...

Mary