Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Wasp nest

"Bob Mannix" wrote in message

Hmm. You might wear leathers if you had seen what happens to clothes and
skin at even a 30mph slide on tarmac!

I have - I've come off push bikes at 20 mph in shorts and sustained nasty
injuries. There's no way I'd wear thick clothing on a push bike in heat
though. We have to take some risks. I've sustained nasty injuries just
falling while walking.

It's true the easily seen ones tend to be expensive. You can get cheaper
leathers and use a high-vis jacket though.

We have the hi-vis ones, they are padded and very tough.

They are very effective protection. I saw a young person belting through
town on a scooter wearing just shorts yesterday - made my blood run cold
to think what he would look like after a fall.

Yes. But see above.

Mary