Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Mannix Bob Mannix is offline

Default Wasp nest

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

"T i m" wrote in message

... her mum the other Day ... told this
huge leather clad biker to pick up his empty drink carton and put it
in the nearby bin .. luckily he just said 'sorry' and did! ;-)

In my experience most bikers, however they're clad and whatever size, are
just like the rest of us.

Even the women.

My eyes were opened when I went to a factory for some fabric and saw row
after row of 'big hairy bikers' (they were big, they were hairy - so's
Spouse) and their bikes were in the car park) sitting at sewing machines.
Girly calendars and pictures were on the walls but they were all doing a
damned good job, they were knowledgeable and helpful and found exactly
what we wanted.

We can't afford leathers but I wouldn't want to wear them anyway because
they're not easily seen when you're on the bike. I do like the Hi-vis
yellow jackets though.

Hmm. You might wear leathers if you had seen what happens to clothes and
skin at even a 30mph slide on tarmac! It's true the easily seen ones tend to
be expensive. You can get cheaper leathers and use a high-vis jacket though.
They are very effective protection. I saw a young person belting through
town on a scooter wearing just shorts yesterday - made my blood run cold to
think what he would look like after a fall.

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)