Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Wasp nest

"T i m" wrote in message

... her mum the other Day ... told this
huge leather clad biker to pick up his empty drink carton and put it
in the nearby bin .. luckily he just said 'sorry' and did! ;-)

In my experience most bikers, however they're clad and whatever size, are
just like the rest of us.

Even the women.

My eyes were opened when I went to a factory for some fabric and saw row
after row of 'big hairy bikers' (they were big, they were hairy - so's
Spouse) and their bikes were in the car park) sitting at sewing machines.
Girly calendars and pictures were on the walls but they were all doing a
damned good job, they were knowledgeable and helpful and found exactly what
we wanted.

We can't afford leathers but I wouldn't want to wear them anyway because
they're not easily seen when you're on the bike. I do like the Hi-vis yellow
jackets though.

We're going to more and more funerals. The Leeds crematorium staff are used
to seeing us in our bright garb and nobody's ever suggested that we were
inappropriately dressed.

I wonder if your wife and daughter would challenge the teenagers who drop
litter round here though ... I do and so far I've come away unscathed but
there'll be a first time when I don't :-( They're far more frightening than
bikers.

Mary