Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT steel stud for shop building

On 18 Jul 2006 21:37:31 -0700, "Bob AZ" wrote:

wrote:
I'm getting ready to build myself a new shop building. for various
reasons, I'm ending up with a steel stud design. the finish will be
stucco to match the house, and I'm thinking of ways to sheath, insulate
and lath without introducing plywood into the design.

The way to go. I did a steel stud shop also. 12" thick walls. All the
insulation I could put in.

.... snip

I used metal 4" electrical boxes that have a bracket on them. HD. Used
the same screws to attach them. Then plaster rings as needed to mount
the appliances (receptacles and switches). Bought a 125 Amp electrical
box that would mount between the studs. Just screw it in place. Fed
from a 60 amp breaker on the main service. Gave me lots of spaces for
extra breakers.

Could go on for a long time but I am sure you get the drift. Write if
you would like.

Bob AZ

Bob, if you don't mind sharing, about what did this cost? The studs were
cheaper than wood, did everything else come in lower or about the same as
well?