Russell Shigeoka

Default Bridgeport help with pics and q's

Hi, I'm new to the group. I am venturing over from the rec.ww and owwm. I
recently got a Bridgeport knee mill at auction. It has a round ram and short
table and I have no clue what type of head it has on it.

I am very comfortable restoring woodworking machinery and I own a 9" southbend.
However, I am unfamiliar with Bridgeport's. Would you mine helping me out
with the following pics and q's?

To unload it I took apart the motor from the head, the head from the ram, and
the ram from the turret.

Here is a pic of the head without motor:

http://home.hawaii.rr.com/shigeoka/manip_DCP_0661.JPG

Here is another pic of the head highlighting a small nub of broken casting.
What was this piece?:

http://home.hawaii.rr.com/shigeoka/manip_DCP_0662.JPG

I know it's probably unanswerable just from a pic, but what type of collet or
taper would this head have?:

http://home.hawaii.rr.com/shigeoka/manip_DCP_0665.JPG

Here is a pic of the motor assembly. The motor is positioned directly above
the spindle assembly. Of the pics I have seen on the web, I have never seen a
Bridgeport with this type of configuration:

http://home.hawaii.rr.com/shigeoka/manip_DCP_0663.JPG

Here is a close up shot of the motor nameplate:

http://home.hawaii.rr.com/shigeoka/manip_DCP_0664.JPG

Finally, here is a pic of the ram. The rear of the ram seemed to be able to
accomodate mounting something else. What went or goes on here?

http://home.hawaii.rr.com/shigeoka/manip_DCP_0668.JPG

I do not see "Bridgeport" anywhere on the head. Is this a Bridgeport head at
all? If yes, what model. If no, what type of head is it?

Thanks for taking the time to look at this.

Aloha, Russell