Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair
David McDivitt David McDivitt is offline

Default speaker freq response

From: James Sweet
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 02:47:24 GMT

Are you sure the head unit is ok? It may be crappy (or broken) and
putting out a "tinny" signal at no fault of the speakers. Garbage in,
garbage out.

I thought about that. By head unit I assume you mean what's mounted in the
dash. It is fine. I think the problem is common with all car stereo speaker
kits. They are 3-way, 4-way, etc. They have little tweeters stuck on there.
I probably could just cut the tweeter wire and solve the problem, but as
I've found with other modifications to other things, I may wish to go back
to what it was.

--
dgm