Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default planning rules????

On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 20:10:26 GMT someone who may be "MadJen"
wrote this:-

I am hoping to have an extension on my house for my Aged P to live in so I
can look after him. It will consist of a living room/bedroom with a bathroom
and be a single storey.

This might or might not be a permitted development, it depends on
the precise details. A search engine will pull up the regulations
for your particular country, which you didn't state. Read, mark and
inwardly digest them as they may be useful.

Planning officials are much maligned, but are actually the normal
mixture of good, bad and indifferent one encounters in any group.
Most are reasonably approachable and worth chatting with.

I can think of a few stupidities from such officials, the Wendy
House in Edinburgh being a good example of this. On the other hand I
can think of a number of counter examples where such officials were
very sensible. See what they have to say.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh