Posted to alt.home.repair
James \Cubby\ Culbertson James \Cubby\ Culbertson is offline

Default Can I use a diamond hole saw on wood?

"Walter R." wrote in message
I need to cut a 3/4" hole in a piece of engineered flooring. The hole needs
to have very clean and sharp edges.

Harbor Freight sells a diamond hole saw set for 6.99 (# 32399). Will a
diamond hole saw make clean cuts in wood, or will it chew up the edges of
the hole?

Is there anything that would work better than a diamond hole saw? An
auger bit or a Forstner bit?

Thanks

--
Walter
www.rationality.net

Do you really expect anything from Harbor Freight to give you a perfect
hole? I wouldn't.
A diamond saw will not work well in wood. Go to Lee Valley's website and
order yourself either a
3/4" Forstner or brad point bit. The forstner will mandate a much steadier
hand (or drill press) but should give
you a superior hole.
Cheers,
cc