Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob (but not THAT Bob) Bob (but not THAT Bob) is offline

Default Converting gameroom to media room, need advice

Steve wrote:

I have a 17x14 game room with 10ft ceilings that I'm trying to convert
to a media room. It currently has a popcorn textured ceiling with
textured walls. I am going to paint the walls and ceiling. I've come
up with the following options.

1. Remove the popcorn from the ceiling and have a flat ceiling with
textured walls?
2. Remove the popcorn from the ceiling and flatten the walls so the
that the textures match? What would be the best way to remove the
texture from the walls?
3. Keep the popcorn, paint it with a sprayer and keep the textured
walls?

I'm trying to end up with a professional looking room and am looking
for some advice.

If you're talking about a serious home theater, that means a front
projector, so your walls and ceiling will need to be non-reflective -
think dark gray.

So the textures would be a non-issue.

Go to:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forumdisplay.php?f=3