Posted to alt.home.repair
marson marson is offline

Default Can I use a diamond hole saw on wood?

Walter R. wrote:
I need to cut a 3/4" hole in a piece of engineered flooring. The hole needs
to have very clean and sharp edges.

Harbor Freight sells a diamond hole saw set for 6.99 (# 32399). Will a
diamond hole saw make clean cuts in wood, or will it chew up the edges of
the hole?

Is there anything that would work better than a diamond hole saw? An auger
bit or a Forstner bit?

Thanks

--
Walter
www.rationality.net

a diamond bit will burn a hole. i think a regular hole saw will work
better. a forstner bit would be the thing, but only if you have a
drill press. A brad point is another good option. even a spade bit,
the kind with the leader points on the sides would probably work OK.
-