Posted to alt.home.repair
Wayne Whitney Wayne Whitney is offline

Default Can I use a diamond hole saw on wood?

On 2006-07-17, Walter R. wrote:

I need to cut a 3/4" hole in a piece of engineered flooring. The
hole needs to have very clean and sharp edges. Harbor Freight sells
a diamond hole saw set for 6.99 (# 32399). Will a diamond hole saw
make clean cuts in wood, or will it chew up the edges of the hole?

I'm not expert, but I'm pretty sure that diamonds are used on
materials that need to be abraded (e.g. metal, stone), while wood
needs to be cut for a clean edge. I think your best bet is a sharp
Forstner bit.

Cheers, Wayne