Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet James Sweet is offline

Default speaker freq response

Radio Shack only had 100 micro henry inductors. If I'd gone to an industrial
electronic store I could have found more. So I placed one in series with
each speaker and it worked. The tinny sound was reduced but not eliminated,
and the bass was boosted even further. I had the loudness enabled, which
seemed to do better drowning out the tinniness. When I turned off loudness,
I got real good midrange, acceptable treble, and still plenty of bass. The
treble was still turned all the way down, though. I estimate a 500 micro
henry inductor would work best, since that would allow treble at other than
minimum on the control. I may mail order some.

Are you sure the head unit is ok? It may be crappy (or broken) and
putting out a "tinny" signal at no fault of the speakers. Garbage in,
garbage out.