Posted to misc.consumers.house
Todd H. Todd H. is offline

Default gas range - 2 burners don't light up?

"ap" writes:

Hello,
We have a whirlpool gas range (from 1999) with sealed burners and have
had this problem for several months in which 2 of the burners
don't light up when the knob is turned on.

We do hear the clicking sound and the burners light up w/ matches.

We have the electric igniters.

Is there a way to know if the problem is the igniter or something
inside is dirty?

Rule out the igniter by holding a preferably long-nosed lighter up to
the burner to light it the old fashioned way.

If it doesn't light quickly, look for what's plugging up the gas
line, or better still, call a professional service technician. Do you
have spider issues in your house? spiders love to build nests in
propane lines I know, dunno if thye have the same affinity for methane
or not. It can be a dangerous situation, so exercise caution and if
you're not confident, err on the side of getting a pro to service it.

Use that nose too--if you smell gas, extinguish all flame, air outthe
place, get out of there, etc.

--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/