Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] barry@sme-online.com is offline

Default gas stove problem - 2 burner don't light

ap wrote:
Hello,
We have a whirlpool gas range (from 1999) with sealed burners and have
had this problem for several months in which 2 of the burners
don't light up when the knob is turned on.

We do hear the clicking sound and the burners light up w/ matches.

We have the electric igniters.

Is there a way to know if the problem is the igniter or something
inside is dirty?

This problem has been very annoying and we haven't gotten much
useful advice from the manufacturer.

THANKS a lot for any help!

Seems simple enough- you've air & fuel, but no ignition where needed.
Could be caused by many things. I'd suggest you call your local gas
company and ask them what to do next.